Friday 24 January 2014

Love the Square



Sometimes I just have to get away from people, I need silence. Although in my photography I like to make pictures of people, there are times when I just want to be on my own. On these occasions, I often pick up my old Hasselblad, a 30 year old camera that was made in Sweden. A big heavy awkward box of a camera, that uses roll film that has only12 frames, the negs are square, and for these reasons it slows me down. I really enjoy composing in a square, I love the square.



Handmade



Sandcastle Bigbury-on-Sea



Jug on Windowsill



No 4 Birdhouse


2 comments:

  1. Love the notches in the frames, especially on the birdhouse photograph it works really well. Such a great format, the square

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree. Did you notice that I scanned the jug picture the wrong way round, the notches are on the right. Whoops!
      Thank you for taking the time to comment
      Jon

      Delete