Thursday 22 November 2012

Bowie and Jagger in make-up


This was the first picture I took the moment I arrived on set. Three cameras around my neck, one loaded with colour daylight film, and a flash, another with tungsten film and the third with black and white. Used to get myself in quite a tangle


Bowie and Jagger

This was the most published picture I ever took. I woke up one morning to find it on the front page of most of the nationals. I miss that feeling.




The 7 inch and 12 inch vinyl cover

I found this a couple of years ago in an old vinyl shop in Frome. I was so excited that I told the man behind the counter it was my photo. He just said, "That will be £3.50 please."

The shoot took place in the old docklands in London all night. Top secret it was. I seem to have a memory of playing cricket with Jagger in the early hours of the morning, drinking about 20 cups of coffee to keep going. They kept dancing all night. The vinyl cover used to be framed and hanging in Abbey Road studios. I doubt it still is.

4 comments:

  1. I have heard of Jon Hoffmann, but who are Bowie and Jagger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jonny, like the photo, I was at the V & A this week with Sam, and stumbled across one of your pictures of the Bowie Jagger shoot, check the credits in the back of the book and sure enough you were mentioned.

    It would be great to catch up

    Edwardo Fennerardo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ed, so sorry just returned to blog after a long gap, would love to catch up, what's the best way?
    Jon

    ReplyDelete