Monday 26 November 2012

Weighing In


Weighing In 

I took this photograph of my daughter Olivia being weighed a few days after she was born. Apparently her feet are in 2nd position! She has danced all her life and we have just celebrated her 18th birthday. Thank you to all her friends for making it so special, I will never be able to look at a Blue Lagoon again!

I didn't know the above was going to happen, it just did, and I was ready with a manual Nikon, TriX film, a 28mm or 50mm attached. It was a dark flat we lived in, but there was just enough window light. Have never liked flash, always preferring to use what is there. My great love was to photograph what just happened in front of me. But you always need to be alert for anything. So glad I was ready as this is fun to look at, and for my daughter to see 18 years later.


3 comments:

  1. Sorry to those who have told me they have tried to comment and have been unable too. Looking into it. Really new to all this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such incredible photographs and love reading the captions! can't wait to see more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alex for saying that. Many more posts to come

      Delete